Sedation dentistry is used to provide a relaxing and anxiety-free experience for certain people receiving dental treatment. Sedation dentistry as offered by the Cosmetic Dentistry Center NYC for general, cosmetic, prosthetic, implant dentistry, and reconstructive dentistry. Sedation Dentistry (“pain free dentistry”) enables dental patients too afraid to go to the dentist to receive the dental care they need while eliminating “dental phobia”. This all-too-common “dental phobia” prevents people from going to the dentist and receiving the dental treatment that they need for oral health.
Sedation dentistry (also known as anxiety- free dentistry) is a recognized dental & accredited procedure used to establish a relaxed, easy and calm state for dental patients through the use of sedatives including:
- Anti-anxiety medications
- IV Sedation (administered by a Board Certified Anesthesiologist)
Dr. Pia loves what she does and it shows. I came to her with some bad dental work that completely messed up my gums and she transformed my smile. She prides herself on making sure things are done well and done right. She was honest about the process and communicated every step. I’m so grateful I found her and that I feel comfortable smiling again! ~ Google
One of the major benefits of sedation dentistry / pain free dentistry, offered by the NYC dentist is that people often feel like their dental procedure lasts only a few minutes, when in fact it might have taken hours to perform. Therefore, complex dental procedures such as smile makeovers or extensive cosmetic dentistry rebuilding procedures that normally require multiple visits can often be performed in fewer appointments and oftentimes in one session.
Benefits of Sedation Dentistry:
- No Pain Whatsoever: Depending on the type of sedation dentistry you elect to receive, you will have little or no memory of pain or discomfort.
- Speed: With the help of dental sedation, long and complicated dental treatments can be quickly completed. Extensive procedures that might need 6 to 8 conventional visits can be easily performed in as little as one visit with sedation dentistry.
- No anxiety or stress: For those who are anxious with “dental anxiety”, anxiety and stress is completed alleviated!
Types of Sedation Dentistry; The most common forms of sedation dentistry elected by our Gramercy Park NYC dental patients include:
- Oral sedation: anti-anxiety pills, sedatives
- Intravenous (IV) sedation: drugs administered into the blood-stream
For more information or to schedule a consultation in regards to sedation dentistry / pain free dentistry please feel free to contact the Gramercy Park, NYC cosmetic dentist:
Cosmetic Dentistry Center NYC
Pia Lieb, DDS
381 Park Ave S #908
New York, NY 10016