Pia Lieb, DDS of the Cosmetic Dentistry Center NYC (located in NYC’s Gramercy Park) offers an outstanding oral health services including teeth cleanings to offer you the best care in your oral health. Teeth cleanings are offered as a routine service and on-demand for new and existing dental patients.
When you visit the Cosmetic Dentistry Center NYC, Dr. Lieb will evaluate the current health of your gums and teeth. She will discuss the teeth cleaning treatment that will be necessary to promote the health of your gums and underlying bone support. If you’re missing a tooth due to past gum disease, the NYC Dentist may talk with you about tooth replacement options, such as crown and bridges, dental implants, or dentures, to complete your smile.
Dr. LIeb is a professional and does amazing work while making sure that something like a dentist visit becomes a more pleasant experience. ~ Google
Dr. Pia Lieb recommends that everyone should have a check-up and teeth cleaning every six months. During your appointment, Dr. Lieb will examine your teeth for cavities as well as assess the health of your gums, in order to prevent gum disease and bone loss. Dr. Lieb is a trained specialist in the cleaning and maintenance of the mouth, teeth and gums.
- Routine Teeth Cleanings: Teeth will accumulate plaque, tartar buildup and stain even with a patient’s good oral hygiene practices. If bacterial deposits are not professionally removed by the NYC Dentist on a regular basis gingivitis and/or periodontal disease can develop. If left untreated, periodontal disease can lead to tooth loss, as well as other oral and overall health issues such as heart disease, diabetes, liver disease, and prostate problems in men.
- Deep Teeth Cleaning: In some patients with advanced gum disease, a dental procedure called “scaling” and “root planing” may also be necessary during your teeth cleaining. Commonly referred to as a “deep teeth cleaning”, scaling and root planing allows Dr. Lieb to remove the damaging bacterial deposits, and leave a clean tooth and root surface. After a deep cleaning, patients can often maintain gum health through diligent brushing and flossing.
The top reasons to have your teeth cleaned include:
- Maintain good oral health and general health.
- Keep your smile brighter and remove stains to improve your self confidence.
- Regular teeth cleanings by the NYC Dentist can ensure early detection of any current or forthcoming dental issues.
- Regular teeth cleanings can prevent gum disease and bone disease.
- Regular teeth cleanings can improve your overall health – It is a fact.. Diseases in the mouth are
associated with diabetes, cardiovascular disease and Alzheimer’s disease.
- 25% of adults age 60 and over have lost ALL their teeth. 70% of the other 75% have gum disease. Easily preventable if you want to keep your teeth.
- Regular dental cleanings can detect early oral cancer.
- Regular teeth cleanings help prevent bad breath. It is actually gum disease that causes bad breath.
If you are currently experiencing bad breath, swollen, tender, or bleeding gums, or teeth that feel loose or are very sensitive to hot or cold it’s important to visit our Gramercy Park, NYC dental practice quickly. With proper preventive care, including routine teeth cleanings, Dr. Lieb can manage, and sometimes reverse, gum disease.
For more information or a complimentary teeth cleaning consultation please feel free to contact the Gramercy Park, NYC dentist:
Cosmetic Dentistry Center NYC
Pia Lieb, MD, DDS
381 Park Ave S #904
New York, NY 10016