Many people who come to the Cosmetic Dentistry Center NYC have fillings, the majority of the fillings they are dissatisfied with because their fillings have been previously prepared with grey metal called ‘Amalgam’. Fillings do not just have to be functional, they can also be aesthetically pleasing and thus many of the Gramercy Park, NYC’s Cosmetic Dentistry patients no longer have the desire for amalgam fillings because they are visible and unattractive.
Composite fillings / mercury free fillings are offered at the Cosmetic Dentistry Center NYC. Composite fillings are used by the Gramercy Park cosmetic dentist, Dr. Pia Lieb, to repair cracked / decayed teeth and to create a more aesthetically pleasing appearance.
Composites Fillings are:
- Composite are referred to as “white fillings” or “tooth colored fillings”.
- Composite fillings are mercury – free.
- Composite Fillings are prepared with a tooth colored material composed of glass particles suspended in a resin matrix.
- These fillings are available in several shades to perfectly match your tooth / teeth.
- Composites are bonded directly to your tooth which can help to support the remaining tooth structure.
Dr. Pia loves what she does and it shows. I came to her with some bad dental work that completely messed up my gums and she transformed my smile. She prides herself on making sure things are done well and done right. She was honest about the process and communicated every step. I’m so grateful I found her and that I feel comfortable smiling again! ~ Google
Composite Fillings can be used for a variety of cosmetic dental procedures performed by the Gramercy Park, NYC, dentist, Pia Lieb, DDS:
- Repairing chipped or broken teeth.
- Closing gaps between your teeth (diastemas).
- Reshaping your teeth.
Advantage of Composite Fillings:
- Composite fillings are more attractive than amalgam fillings.
- Teeth filled with composite material tend to be stronger, as it bonds to the surrounding tooth, while a tooth filled with amalgam may sometimes be weaker.
- Composite filling can be fitted into very small holes, so less drilling is needed in preparation for the fillings.
- These types of fillings can help insulate the tooth from major temperature changes / tooth sensitivity.
- Amalgam filling (top) can be replaced by composite fillings (bottom).
The Cosmetic Dentistry Center NYC is a strictly amalgam (mercury) free NYC dental practice. We use only safe, bio compatible tooth colored filling material for your overall health.
For more information or to schedule a Mercury Free Composite Filling consultation please feel free to contact the Gramercy Park, NYC cosmetic dentist:
Cosmetic Dentistry Center NYC
Pia Lieb, MD, DDS
381 Park Ave S #908
New York, NY 10016